THE FERNDALE CAT SHELTER
VOLUNTEER/FOSTER RELEASE, WAVIER AND INDEMNIFICATION
The undersigned volunteer/foster, his/her parent(s) or legal guardian, if under the age of 18 years, does/do hereby execute this release, waiver, and indemnification for himself/herself/themselves and his/her/their/heirs, successors, representatives, and assigns, thereby agree to the following:
- To forever release and hold harmless The Ferndale Cat Shelter, its members, employees, representatives, and friends from any and all liability, loss, damage, cost, claims, and/or causes of action, including, but not limited to, all bodily injuries and property damage arising out of participation in animal rescue/rehabilitation/adoption activities, it being specifically understood that said activity includes the handling of companion animals by the undersigned participant(also handling in the pens, runs, cages, and foster homes.
- The undersigned person(s) further agree(s) to indemnify The Ferndale Cat Shelter, its members, employees, representatives, and friends: and hold them harmless for any liability, loss, damage, cost, claim judgment or settlement which may be brought or entered against them as a result of the undersigned person’s participation in aforesaid activity.
- Furthermore if involved in companion animal rescue/rehabilitation/adoption activities, the undersigned(s) executes this wavier of the undersigned(s) rights to sue and agree(s) to assume all risks inherent in companion animal rescue/rehabilitation/adoption activities and have notice of all the risks inherent in those activities including (1) the potential of animals behave in dangerous ways which may result in injury to the participant, (2) the inability to predict an animal’s reaction to sound, movements, objects, persons, or other animals: and (3) hazards of surface or subsurface conditions.
- This wavier shall remain valid unless expressly revoked by the volunteer or parent(s) or guardian(s) of a minor volunteer. The revocation shall be in writing which shall be delivered to the provider and shall become effective thirty (30) days after its delivery to the provider.
- In the case of any activity performed on behalf of The Ferndale Cat Shelter on property or premises not belonging to The Ferndale Cat Shelter this wavier executed by participants or parent(s) or guardian(s) of a participant shall apply to ALL rescue/rehabilitation/adoption activities in which the participant(s) is/are involved in the next succeeding twelve (12) month period unless earlier expressly revoked in writing. The revocation shall become effective (30) thirty days after its delivery to the provider.
- The undersigned(s) should maintain all medical and health insurance needed to cover all risks of ANY KIND in any place in feline and/or other activities. This insurance is to be held on all family members especially minors or aged.
- I have never been convicted of animal cruelty, neglect or abandonment and I will update this statement as changes occur. I the undersigned volunteer, will practice all safety rules and ensure myself that all equipment is in good condition, whether owned, loaned, or borrowed at all times.
Signature of Volunteer: _________________________________Date____________________
Signature of Parent or Guardian if volunteer is a Minor________________________________ Date____________________
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION:
NAME: _____________________________PHONE: ________________________________
DOCTOR’S NAME: _________________DOCTOR’S PHONE: _______________________